Dec 30, 2014

A handmade year. Shipping stress, happy customers and new friends.

Looking back I can only say that this was a very special year for us. We moved to the other side of the country. Okay, Holland is not THAT big but we did have to start our new lives in the countryside. And we did well! The house is not even nearly done but we did A LOT of work on it. A new roof, new windowframes, new kitchen, chopped down 20 trees and much, much more. And most important, the kids are very happy with all the space and green and their new friends. http://annemiekewestermanfashion.blogspot.nl/2014/01/everything-new-1.html

This year also brought companionship. Several trainees from fashionschool have worked here and honestly, I cannot do without anymore. Not only for their contribution to the work, also for having a creative soul around who's eager to learn and .. whom I can talk to :)

It's a pity (putting it mildly) that this year during December the mail to Canada and the US was terrible. We managed to ship out most bags within one week and then it just stopped. Right there. No tracking updates, no movement, nothing. It was only after christmas, at least 3 weeks later, that most of the parcels started moving again. Oh my. I wish there was a solution for this, as I cannot expect all of you to order your christmas presents in summertime! We sweat our guts out to get all the orders out asap in November and December.

I love the special projects that came wandering in last year. They are the icing on the cake of this years very positive results. It enables me to grow and rise my brand and, very important, also personally, as a designer!

It was also the year of the new Iphone 6. Many, many covers were ordered from all over the world, through my own website and also through Etsy ofcourse. Thank you Apple for making a wonderful new device :) New bags and covers will be added to our collection next year. If you have any requests or tips, I welcome you to write me! I need you, my dear customers, to enhance and develop my collection & service in the right direction!!
By the way. I just added the large felt tote with the zipper on Etsy - ( I know I should say this but .. I love it)

I look forward to a lovely, challenging and self-made new year! Wishing you all the best,
Annemieke xo.


For the museum. One of my first Iphone covers with the leather pocket. Has been on duty in a backpocket for 3 years. The sweet wavy edge  once was straight! It will retire next week as the owner now has an Iphone 6. We'll frame this one!
ps.  This kind of updates can be found on Facebook, like & follow us here:
https://www.facebook.com/WestermanBags

Zipper top closure for the yellow and grey felt tote.

Shipping.. mailing.. posting ... #headache

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for handmade leather bags Singapore at reasonable rates, then visit CAITH is one of the best choices you have.

    ReplyDelete